Terms and Conditions
The rental terms and conditions, along with our booking guide, will help you understand what you can expect from us and what we need from you in order to make sure we can complete your booking successfully.
In these rental terms and conditions (a) “the Company” means Elsinore Garage (UK) Limited (CAR HIRE UK) – www.car-hire-uk.com ; (b) “the Customer” means the person, firm or organisation by or on behalf of whom vehicles are rented under these terms and conditions; (c) Authorised Driver; means the driver(s) additional to the customer approved and entered overleaf by the company. The customer will ensure that any authorised driver will comply with these terms and conditions; (d) “Vehicle” means the vehicle described overleaf; (e) “SDW” means Super Damage Waiver.
1. The Company agrees to rent and the customer agrees to take the vehicle on the terms and conditions as set out herein and at time of rental.
2. The Customer will pay the Company on demand all charges due hereunder including where relevant, sums in respect of SDW, surcharges, additional charges, and VAT or other taxes thereon.
3. SDW is available from the Company, surcharges and additional charges subject to their terms of issue. The Company will always require a current full valid driving licence held for at least 12 months prior to rental, and reserves the right to inspect such licence. Driver abuse of the vehicle is excluded from these insurances. Vehicles for which SDW is taken out are rented to the customer on condition that the customer complies with the respective terms and conditions. Neither the company nor its insurer will accept any liability for loss or damage caused whilst a vehicle is rented to a customer who does not comply with these conditions, and the customer agrees to make any payment necessary to put the company in the position it would have been in if the breach had not occurred. The Customer will supply any information concerning the driver(s) of the rented vehicle to the company upon demand and undertakes to allow the company direct access to the driver(s) of the vehicle and will fully co-operate in obtaining such access. The customer is liable for an insurance excess of £600.00 for vehicle groups A,B,C and D and £750.00 for vehicle groups E,F and G. If SDW is selected the customer liability is reduced to £150.00 for Groups A,B,C,D. And £175.00 for Groups E,F,G. The insurance cover is Fully comprehensive you have no further liability for damage /theft; other than the insurance excess. Your insurance excess and fuel deposit is authorised at the time of reservation.
4. For the avoidance of doubt damage excess applies not only to damage to but also theft of the vehicle. The customer will use its best endeavours to supply full details of any third party vehicle involved in any accident with the vehicle.
5. The customer acknowledges that notwithstanding the provisions of (3) above it has a duty to ensure that all reasonable care is taken of the vehicle against damage or loss throughout the rental period. The customer accepts responsibility for any loss or damage to the vehicle caused by their wilful act or negligence. This includes but is not restricted to responsibility for any loss or damage to the vehicle or its accessories as a result of theft occurring when the customer or its servant or agent has left the keys in or with the vehicle and the customer hereby indemnifies the company against loss or damage.
6. (a) The customer undertakes to ensure that the vehicle is not subject to overloading in respect of number of persons or weight of goods carried within the vehicle during the rental period.
(b) If the vehicle is used outside the mainland UK, the customer undertakes to that the vehicle is checked for illegal immigrants before returning to the UK.
7. The customer undertakes to return the vehicle with all tyres, tools, audio equipment and other accessories in the same condition as when received to the place and on the date set down overleaf. If special cleaning is required for whatever reason, the company will make a separate charge to cover the cost of any cleaning and / or repair work required.
8. Vehicles are rented at a daily rate accordingly to the agreed charge, one day being defined as any period of 24 hours from the time of commencement of the rental agreement. After this a day’s charge will be made.
9. (a) In the event that the customer requires a vehicle longer period than the agreed period, the customer must notify the company at least 12 hours prior to termination of agreed rental period. In the event that the customer fails to notify the company of such requirement, their authority to retain such vehicle may at the company’s discretion, terminate and, in that event the customer will be liable for any loss or damage incurred by the company as a result. The company reserves the right, in the event of such notification, to use such means as it may choose to recover said vehicle. Unauthorised rental Extensions will be at our standard rate grid for daily hire, plus any loss's sustained due to this.
(b) If the rental is to be extended beyond 28 days, the customer must notify the company of the mileage of the vehicle. The company reserves the right to substitute a suitable vehicle replacement.
(c) In the event that a vehicle on rent reaches the mileage at which a routine service is due, the customer undertakes to notify the company and make the vehicle available to the company for such servicing to be carried out or for the vehicle to be replaced at the company’s discretion.
10. If at termination, the customer has complied with all terms and conditions stipulated herein, then, but not otherwise , and subject to condition 4 above, responsibility for loss or damage to the vehicle or its accessories is:
(a) The full insurance excess
(b) Insured by the customer if applicable.
11. All vehicles are supplied with a full tank of fuel. If a vehicle is delivered to the customer, the customer is liable for the cost of fuel from the time it leaves the company’s branch until such time as it is returned to a company branch. All vehicles will be refuelled upon return to a company branch and the customer accepts responsibility for the cost of such refuelling at the prevailing company rate per litre, any fuel required is debited from the deposit held.
12. (a) The customer is liable for all penalties for offences committed under traffic regulations including, but not restricted to, parking tickets, clamping fines, Congestion charging, compound charges, bus lane fines and speeding fines incurred during the period of hire. If these remain unpaid they be forwarded to the customer at charge, together an administration charge. Insurance excess and Fuel deposits will not be refunded until any vehicle damage, fines and charges for which the customer is liable have been assessed and deducted.
(b) At the termination of the rental it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the vehicle is parked in a suitable place to allow collection at any time upto a period of six working hours from termination without the imposition of any parking or clamping fines or towing or compound charges. If this provision is not complied with then the customer shall be responsible for such penalties. If these remain unpaid they shall be charged to the customer, together with an administration charge of £50.00.
(c) The customer is responsible for the payment of any civil penalty and restoration charges and loss of income whilst the company cannot rent out the vehicle, if the vehicle is seized by Customs and Excise or the Immigration Authorities.
13. The customer will immediately inform the company of any fault with the vehicle and will not use the vehicle whilst it is in an unroadworthy condition. The company will provide roadside assistance, in case of breakdown in mainland United Kingdom. Accident calls are excluded from this cover. In the event that the vehicle remains immobile after call out, the company will, at is discretion, either replace the vehicle or make alternative arrangements for the driver / passengers. If the vehicle is used outside the mainland UK and becomes inoperable the company cannot guarantee that this service will be available.
14. The vehicle will not be used for:
(i) For the carriage of passengers or property for hire or reward.
(j) For racing, pace making, reliability trails, speed testing, driving instruction.
(k) To propel or tow any other vehicle or trailer.
(l) In violation of the provision of any legislation, order or regulation affecting the use, loading or condition of the vehicle or for any illegal purpose.
(m) Outside mainland United Kingdom without the express agreement of the Company.
15. The vehicle will not be driven by any person:-
(a) other than the customer or an authorised driver.
(b) Who is under the age of 21 or over the age of 69 unless previously arranged with the company. This may be modified by restrictions imposed by the company relating to its vehicles from time to time.
(c) Who has not held a full valid driving licence for a minimum of 12 months.
(d) Who is under the influence of alcohol, hallucinatory drugs, narcotics, or barbiturates.
(e) Whose driving licence is subject to restrictions due to disability or infirmity.
16. The Customer acknowledges that any property placed within the vehicle is there at their own risk and that the company has no responsibility for such property. Property forwarded on to customer, will be charged at cost plus administration fee of £25.00
17. The customer will at the company’s request do all required by the company on its behalf and on behalf of the insurer’s and permit his name to be used by the company for enforcing any rights or remedies against any person in connection with the vehicle.
18. The customer or any authorised driver of the vehicle will in no way be deemed to be the agent, servant or employee of the company.
19. The company will not either on its own behalf or on behalf of the insurer, waive any of its rights hereunder except in writing signed duly by a authorised representative of the company or the insurer respectively.
20. The company reserves the right not to reimburse any repairs in excess of £1 not authorised in advance by the company.
21. If the customer is a company or other organisation for which a credit account has been opened these terms and conditions must be read in conjunction with the corporate terms and conditions of trading given to the customer at the time of opening the account as varied from time to time. In the event of any inconsistencies the corporate terms and conditions shall prevail.
22. The company reserves the right to terminate the rental to which this agreement refers if it becomes aware of any breach by the customer of these terms and conditions. Upon breach of the above terms and conditions the company may give your personal details to credit reference agencies, the driver and vehicle licensing authority (DVLA), customs and excise, the police, debt collectors, and any other relevant organisation. The company may also give your personal details to the British vehicle rental and leasing association, who may pass your details on to any of its members for any purpose stated in the Data protection act 1998.
23. Government taxes and other levies will be charged as required by current legislation.
24. The customer acknowledges that the company is entitled to charge any credit, charge or debit card nominated at the time rental is affected for any charges due to the company pursuant to this agreement.
25. Amendments to reservations are subject to a £15.00 admin fee.
26. If cancellation protection is opted for, we will protect you from any cancellation charges payable subject to a £15.00 admin fee, if you are unable to honour your booking prior to 12 hours before start of rental. If this option is not selected the hirer will be liable for a 100% cancellation fee of rental. No refund is given for rentals ended early.
27. Airport Locations, it is essential that the company is given the correct flight and arrival time before arrival. If this is not available at time of booking this can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your booking reference are updated online using your login. No responsibility can be accepted or compensation allowed for a failed rental due to the late provision.
28. Child and booster seats are mandatory in most countries and must be requested at the time of booking. Although child seats and booster seats are fitted in the vehicle it is recommended / mandatory; that you fully check the fitting as no liability will be accepted.
29. By accepting our terms and conditions the hirer confirms that they have not had a proposal for insurance declined, a policy cancelled or renewal refused or been required to pay an increased premium or had special conditions imposed by any motor insurer. The hirer has not been committed of any motoring offence during the past five years, or had your licence suspended during the past ten years, or has any prosecution pending. If you have answered yes you will need to check what convictions are allowed before proceeding with your reservation online. You will also need to check with us if you have had any accidents and/or claims in the past 36 calendar months. If you have had any physical or mental defects or infirmity or suffered from diabetes, fits or any heart complaint you will also need to call our international reservations team on +44 (0)844 445 7754 to get a clearance code. You can write to us
Dep 301 - PO BOX 260